Wednesday 23 March 2011

Jose Mourinho: My Next Job Will Be In England

                         Boss says time in the Premier League was most enjoyable of his career

 

 Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has confirmed that his next job will be in the Premier League.

The Portuguese boss spent three successful years at Chelsea between 2004 and 2007, during which time he guided the club to two Premier League titles, two League Cups and an FA Cup.

The Bernabeu boss, who left Stamford Bridge after becoming the most successful manager of the west London outfit, guided Inter to the treble before joining Madrid last summer.

But the 48-year-old says he misses England, whilst admitting that he envisions a return to the Premier League.

"I miss England and my next job will be in England," Mourinho told The Sun.

"There is unfinished business.

"And I think England wants me back, no? It was the most enjoyable time of my career.

"My Chelsea time was amazing as a football manager and family man. My family and I enjoyed it so much. We made so many friends here. We still keep in touch, we still come back."

Mourinho has in the past been linked with being a successor to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, while there have also been reports of the two-time Champions League winner replacing Roberto Mancini at Manchester City.

"I still have three years at Real Madrid. It is the biggest club in the world but it is also the most difficult club in the world," he added.

"They came to me for the third time and I could not say no to them for the third time - I had to go.

"And I had to go to Italy, that was important for me because I wanted to try there. Everyone said it was the home of tactics so I said let me try there.

"But it is not England, England is special. People in Italy, Spain and Portugal ask me why I love England so much and I can't explain - I just do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.