Friday 16 September 2011

Chelsea's Juan Mata hopes to emulate Ryan Giggs style of football


  Juan Mata heads to Old ­Trafford on Sunday dreaming of meeting one of Manchester United’s all-time greats.

Chelsea’s £24m summer signing from Valencia idolised golden oldie Ryan Giggs when he was growing up in Spain.

Now he could be playing against the winger, 37, who rolled back the years with another stunning goal in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Mata said: “When I was growing up, I had many idols, like Dennis Bergkamp and Gianfranco Zola.

But Ryan Giggs was an inspiration to me. I think he showed what he’s worth with that goal. He’s one of the best ­wingers ever. Perhaps I noticed Giggs because he plays in the same position as me.

He was incredibly impressive, with his tackling, dribbling and general style."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.