Wednesday 6 April 2011

Sir Alex Ferguson vs Pep Guardiola

Guardiola’s hairdryer almost as hot as Fergie’s
Barcelona's Gerard Pique has revealed Pep Guardiola is on a par with Sir Alex Ferguson when it comes to dishing out the hairdryer treatment. Sir Alex’s angry blasts at his Manchester United players have become legendary over the years the Reds have dominated – and Pique was on the end of some during his brief spell at Old Trafford. But the defender, set to play against Shakhtar Donetsk in tonight’s Champions League quarter-final, first leg, revealed mild-mannered Guardiola is just as prone to fits of fury. Pique said: “Guardiola can scream nearly as loud as Ferguson. Guardiola is more looking for more dialogue, explanation of what works and what does not. Ferguson is more impulsive. But they both have the ability to motivate their men.”

Following on with the managerial theme, Sir Alex has reportedly told Jose Mourinho to forget about managing United in the foreseeable future – because he is not ready to retire. The Sun quotes the boss: “I'm great friends with Jose and I can understand his desire to come back to England. But it's a difficult one for me to tell him when this position will become available. First of all it will be my health to determine my situation. I will continue as long as I have the energy I've enjoyed all my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.