Saturday 20 August 2011

Arsene Wenger's Reaction: Arsenal 0 - Liverpool 2


on whether he feels under pressure...
I always feel under pressure but not more than usual.

on being unfortunate...
Yes, I feel the result is very harsh on us. The decider was the sending off and as well the offside goal, it was the decider of the game.

on inexperience...
I think Frimpong was a victim of his lack of experience and of his enthusiasm and heart. He deserved a second yellow card, he should not have gone into that challenge.

on the supporters' chants...
I think the target is to have a good team and good players. You can spend money and have a bad team. You want the supporters to be happy and when you don't win the game you can understand that they are not. But I think we had eight players out today and we still had a good performance. So it is not all doom and gloom, there are positives in the game today.

on absentees...
We have injuries and suspensions as well. We had a few players injured. Why? I am not a doctor. I do not feel we have too many, at the start of the season we have a heavy schedule compared to other teams because we play the qualifier on Wednesday night. That has an impact as well - we have five big games when the team is not completely ready.

on a vital period for the Club...
It will have a big impact, especially Wednesday night, that is a game of big importance for us. After that we play Man United but we play all the big opponents away from home first, apart from Liverpool. The second part of the season we play them all at home.

on his job now...
For now it is important for us to lift the players because they are very disappointed today. We need to give them credit for their attitude and performance today, in the game it is very harsh to lose it the way we need.

on Samir Nasri's future...
I don't know [what will happen]. I always said that I would try to keep Samir Nasri and I have never changed my mind on it because I played him today, to the surprise of everybody. He loves the Club, he wants to play for us, if we decide to sell him we will do it and we have to stand up for it. At the moment I am happy he is here. I don't know if he will play on Wednesday, we will just play the game.

on potential new signings...
We look, you know? But we try to do the right things for the Club. I think Koscielny and Vermaelen are a fantastic pair of centre backs but it's very difficult as well because if you buy another centre back and then someone gets injured I have to buy another one. You cannot do that every time you have an injured player.

on his own future...
There is no chance I would walk away. I will try to give my best for the Club. We live under circumstances where every defeat is an absolutely a disgrace and an earthquake. We are at the start of the season and we are very disappointed that we lost the game. But we are at the start of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.